Android IDE (AIDE) Support Forum

What's up with AIDE?

Hi folks, my first post here. I have been using AIDE for about 6 months now quite a bit. I’m really impressed by what it can do compared to my expectations going in. I’m curious though what is up with AIDE development in general, and specifically what’s up with AIDE just getting Android Oreo 8.1 support in August while Android 10 just dropped last week? Of course, i don’t expect support to be current with Studio, but it seems like Android Pie in AIDE should be there, or close on the horizon by now. Not complaining, just curious.

Also, AIDE’s website isn’t being maintained. It took me quite a while just to find this forum. It makes me wonder if AIDE’s devs have lost interest in the project. I hope not, because I saw its potential enough that I bought it the first day I used it and am still surprised months later at its capabilities. I use it with my phone plugged into a large monitor and external keyboard/mouse, small font and zoomed way out so it’s like using a desktop IDE. It’s faster than Studio, and it just makes sense to me to develop on the platform the app is intended for.

Just curious if anyone knows why the version support lag, if we users can do anything about it, and what you think about AIDE’s current status/future?

2 Likes

Just see my post that allows you to download android.jar and get API28 files

Who are you?
How do we know you’re legit?

2 Likes

Okay, i see you think im a liar, you can see my user page, here, the page shows all my info including my name

It’s not about lying.
We want to do it ourselves.
People want to see the whole process.
I think social media is ruining people’s contextual sense.

Yeah exactly. Not trying to be rude, I just want more info about it. Usually when someone implements new code or features to an app, they document the process they went through to make it work and show an example of it working. Even then, I would still rather install something like that after AIDE’s devs said it’s OK and won’t break future updates or something. If you have figured out how to make Android Pie work in AIDE then I salute you.

Maybe security issues with the platform. Termux folks also report this. Later versions bring more security but are heavier and harder to develop. Maybe a new feature in a recent android version break Aide and they are trying to fix