Android IDE (AIDE) Support Forum

Strange output on running Java console

I am brand new to AIDE and I decided to get the developers pass but the first thing I tried to do to is run the sample Java console project and I get this weird output without any alteration to the sample code. I need to know if this is not going to work on my tablet because I only have a short time to get a refund. Here is a picture of the output.

WTF… probably won’t work but try my fix for a similar problem HTTPLog)-Static: isSBSettingEnabled false

oh, you are brand new? XD

I am not brand new to programming but new to Aide. I could not even get the example cod to run. I was using that as an example so that it would be clear it was nothing I had introduced into the code.

Anyways …
Putting my tablet in airplane mode worked. I guess I just have to work on non-web projects. That kinda sucks though… I would Iike to find a better solution still.

I think this is a conflict with AIDE and your Console App. Remember that AIDE uses a special signature to view the Android Output and same happens (if using root)!

@everyone I will bring this to the attention of the devs. Please also post your device specifics and anything that could be of interest, so we have more details to work with. I was not able to reproduce this myself!

1 Like

@trixi, im using my Moto G6 Play (but i think on every rooted device it works).

How to reproduce:

(If building an Android App, needs root):

1. Go to Settings > Build & Run > set Run without user prompt to on.
  2. Allow Root Acess
  3. Restart (kill) the app on Android Settings.
  4. Open the App and go to the LogCat.

And now, you can see not only the AIDE logs, but all your android logs!!

1 Like

I dont know how to repeoduce in Java Console App

I did not realize that the app required root access. I have not rooted any of my current devices.

The two devices that this is happening on are a Vankyo Z10 tablet and a Samsung Galaxy S8 phone.

Thats one of the methods (the method working on the Android logcat (that uses Log.i(), not the Java (which uses System.out.println()))