Android IDE (AIDE) Support Forum

(Solution) App crashes when adding more libraries (64k methods limit) in build.graddle discution

As i set multidex to true, app fc , and again noclassdefFound error. When I set it to False, my app runs.
Changed support libraries to 25.3.1, as 25.+ Leads to 25.4.1 and throw aapt manifest error.

1 Like

Does your firebase use 25 or 27? Check all the libraries

And remove the runtime lib

Runtime library Is mandatory to use it along side appcompat, as it throws java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Failed resolution of: Landroid/arch/core/internal/FastSafeIterableMap;
And how do I know if firebase is using 25 or 27?

It seems to work now, adding the line muktidexEnabled true
And
implementation ‘com.android.support:multidex:1.0.3’

But when adding for eg.: Google play services I got "failed to open dex files from/data/…

1 Like

Update on this issue: I add a couple of methods to the main activity and build successfully without the need of multidexing. Then I REMOVE 1 line from an xml file and AIDE prompts me to use multi dex! I mean wtf? :neutral_face: Is this a joke or what?

@trixi Hi! Can we get a confirmation if AIDE is abandoned or not? I mean read all this topic about multidexing ESPECIALLY my comment before this one! This is frustrating. I MUST BACK UP THE PROJECT FOR EVERY SINGLE WORD I CHANGE.

@Ali AIDE is not abandoned, but it is not the only project of the company. I will do my best to bring the dev’s attention to this topic, I totally understand how frustrating this must be. :pensive:

2 Likes

Multidexing works with the version 25.4.1 of the support libraries. It doesn’t work with 7.1.1.
I hope they can solve it soon. Best regards❤️