Android IDE (AIDE) Support Forum

Request Feature=Rotation Mode

Request Feature=Rotation Mode

Yeah,Rotation Mode is really need to change ,because some developer don’t like landscape mode .For me it don’t need.It really annoyed. Should change as user can change mode as user like.If like portrait,user can change as user like.

Sorry for my bad English Skill.

6 Likes

Hi @KoThantZin! The rotation is bugged for a while now and the issue on the todo list of the devs. Please be patient with them! It is supposed to work in sync with the Android rotation settings. There was a bug reported that it would not rotate, but when the fix got released we had some more reports about always rotating (even with rotation disabled). Maybe @hans could have a look again? :grimacing:

So did I understand you correctly, the rotation is not working for you? It is always landscape setting??? What device are you using and what AIDE version is currently installed?

1 Like

I used xiaomi note 5 pro with android version 8.1.
The versionof AIDE is 3.2.190319
Thank you.

@KoThantZin And your issue is that it would not turn but be stuck in landscape mode? Is screen rotation turned on on your device settings?
I am just asking so many questions because we have to kind of opposite issues, for me it would always rotate on my Axon 7, even with rotation off.

1 Like

Yes me too.It change automatically.

Because of that. So I change from sensor to portrait. I don’t want to use edited aide apk, So I request to add at setting for Orientation setting that user can change as he like.

1 Like

could you add latest ndk support

For Me I have been added. But didn’t work some devices.

I would suggest to start a new post for each feature request if you want attention from the devs/mods. It makes it easier to track.

cant believe this still isn’t fixed i reckon this is gunna be like Android TV and never get fixed. Dunno how anyone can code on a phone in Landscape :confused:

1 Like

the AIDE app has a force rotation in the app. event i disable rotation in settings android. AIDE still force rotation his self.

since version 2018.xx but not in version 2017.xx

The bug appeared after a fix in fall 18 if I remember correctly.

I don’t need landscape mode at all. please please fix.

This is realy good and useful feature! Like.

You can use the app “Rotation control” to solve all issues with screen orientation at once.

1 Like