Android IDE (AIDE) Support Forum

Java 8 and up support

So recently I purchased the developer key for AIDE and it has worked flawlessly except for one thing. Java is still outdaded. Many programs or plugins (which is what I am using it for) require Java 8 or newer. I think that the app should recieve Java 8. It is 2020 and there is already Java 14. By keeping the app on an older version of Java, you are not only losing customers, you are discouraging people from using this app

6 Likes

I think this app is not being maintained temporarily or forever, because many users had asked before, but without a reply, even a simple yes or no…

1 Like

We urgently need java 8 support. Java and GitHub have advanced rapidly… We are still on Java 7 and missing many important libraries… AIDE is getting stuck and being left behind. Updating education facilities are not a high priority. People are considering migrating to another ide.

1 Like

AIDE support doesn’t care what we say!, I just see them as a bunch of self-interested people who only respond when it comes to money, other than that our emails are ignored, it’s been more than 1 year since I and other users from AIDE asks AIDE developers to put Java 8 in AIDE, nor the function to generate an .aab so we can upload apps to Google Play they haven’t put it yet, I recommend that if you really need a Java 8, you better work and buy a Notebook and install Android Studio and leave AIDE aside, what I want to tell you is that they won’t put Java 8, they’ll just see your message as a message that should be ignored, sorry if I seem to be a little rude to you, but that’s the truth!

What is the version of java that aide uses?

It uses Java 7 (not Oracle ones btw)