Android IDE (AIDE) Support Forum

Help with Activities Lesson - My ideas for apps are the best

And I am learning to make apps with the Aide app, but is there anyone that would help me in my problem.

I’m still stuck on the Activities lesson

1 Like

Hi brand
After running the lesson go into your file explorer and navigate to
Local>sdcard>android>data>com. aide.uii>cache>apk
If your files are on the divice then replace sdcard with internal storage
Now click on Android activities. apk
Install
Open
Now return to your lesson to continue
Happy learning
Longjohn

1 Like

I’m a bit confused about what you are saying.

Could you please explain how the updating of the Activities.apk would let me continue?

I did find the Activities.apk and extracted it.
Although I left it there, because I think it’s the Aide application’s developer team’s obligation to update the bug’s.
And I’m unwilling to modify that activities.apk’s status in any way.

And besides, I’m in the second to last lesson. And I have gone and tried out that Aide - explore - API demos.
It gives me just errors as a result.

Am I missing something here, should I finish my lessons first, or why aren’t those API demos shown to me?

By the way, thank you so much for answering to my problem. I appreciate it very much.

It just does
Because the lesson does not install and open the app properly
I had to do it with every lesson at every stage
You do not extract the apk. Just install and open it
This allows the lesson to move on to the next part
Sometimes removing aide and reinstalling it can cure the problem completley
Longjohn

Will not be online till tuesday

Okay, now I know what your meanings are here. And I do appreciate your help.
And I know the location of the apk file, I can find the com.aidemuii- cache - apk location with my phone’s explorer app and on the memory storage on my phone’s settings.

And then it gets difficult.
I can’t find an install button, only normal stuff like extract and cut an copy.
So I extracted the apk file.
And it’s still is on the SD card.

And your first message it says that I need to replace the location. Like it would be able to be done with a flick of a button.

From the SD card, I can zip it back in, I can move it to another location or do every other normal stuff to it.
I just don’t know what to do now…?

And the Aide app’s deletion and re-instalment sounds like a good idea, but would it delete all my advances?
I don’t remember that I would have logged in on the application itself…
Perhaps I have… I don’t remember.

Well, I hope that you are still there… If not perhaps someone else could help me.

Hi Brand
I had not explained myself clearly.
when you have found the apk file click on it as you would to open it and android should open a new screen where you can install and then open the file.
I had to do this with many of the lessons due to some problem with the software. After doing this I was able to continue with the lesson

I think what is preventing you from moving on in the activity lesson is errors in the xml. Is there a red X at the top of your screen? If you click it, it should show where the errors are.
longjohn