Android IDE (AIDE) Support Forum

[DOWNLOAD] get the latest android.jar for Android IDE

Comment just the exact tag, not all the line!\

Having difficulty downloading a jar. Could you please zip it up and publish again?
Thanks

Second question - where does it go? I an old windows user and battle to understand Linux Unix file systems.

Solved it - thanks, hope it help for file closing bug when you refractors some source.

how did you solve it? can you show the way?

Downloaded android-29_r01.zip from DL.Google, unpack & extract android.jar.
Placed in AppProjects root, tell AIDE to use it as the android.jar.
What’s not solved is my attempt to use AndroidX in my projects. I don’t understand why I can’t use it as Google claim it to be 100% backward compatible!

perhaps its aide who can.t handle androidx😑 and the aide team seems doesn.t realy concern about all this thing.slow but sure i.m loosing hope that aide team will maintain aide to support java8

2 Likes

They launched a beta on the 8th, we only have this community button (Link). Apparently we need aapt2 for Android X, but aapt2 does not run on Android devices. In other words, AIDE is dead.

1 Like

what you mean by beta8? to be honest…i can build full androidx app on aide but somehow some androidx class will be lost during app runtime.for ex arch lib or lifecycle processiniliazer class not found by app eventhought the class is there and exist.

1 Like

January 8th. yes, unfortunately Android X is not supported on AIDE.

semi support exactly.aide can handle some androidx lib and compile it w/o problem.the app run fine.just few androidx lib that aide miss to handle.like i said above.

We will wait for some update with full support.

1 Like

reply android q beta 10

Some claimed to have it working, but unfortunately I couldn’t get it working, I mean using androidx on AIDE.

Following the all steps and, there was no errors and nothing on LogCat but still the app (I compiled using androidx) “force stops”.

We might have wait for full support from the official appfour team.

But I am not sure or I am late replying this. But very sure I have the least version of AIDE, but the issue seems unchanged from the last time I tried to right now trying at second time.

1 Like