Android IDE (AIDE) Support Forum

Compiled app starts in split screen mode

Starting my compiled Sudoku full-screen app from AIDE shows part of the AIDE source screen on the left part of the screen and a compressed image of the full-screen image of the running app.

I am using AIDE PRO version on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 with Android 10. Does anyone have a clue what makes this go wrong?

Why does this support forum not provide the possibility to attach images?

Thanks

Yes it does let you attach images head to the right lower corner .

Many thanks. Will try now.

Yeah I got the same problem on a Note 10+ and a Note 30 ultra, it’s been this way for quite a while. Well before Android 10 anyways, maybe first started happening around Android 8/9 can’t remember which. Same thing happens in AIDE Web azwell. A factory reset doesn’t fix it and neither does messing with display width/density etc.

disabling multi window should fix it but some genius at Samsung removed that feature.

Many thanks for your valuable reply. It seems that I have to live with it. I still have my Galaxy tab 10.1 from 2012 which perfofms well (I already had to replace the battery once) but I don’t know when it will say good-bye. Many thanks…

I assume that by default your device open in split mode when another app is launched from another app.

I think that I found something that helps. The following document explains it. I have problems formatting this and do not see the buttons…

I changed my AndroidManifest.xml to the attached one inserting
android:resizeableActivity=“false”
and

tools:ignore=“ProtectedPermissions”/>

I think that AIDE should allow in the in the settings enabling split-screen (named resizeableActivity). I tested this with two apps one calling the other.

Here my AndroidManifest.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<manifest xmlns:android=“http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android

package="ree.picclip"
android:versionCode="1"
android:versionName="1.0" >

<uses-sdk 
    android:minSdkVersion="8" 
    android:targetSdkVersion="29" />

<application
	android:icon="@drawable/ic_launcher" 
	android:label="@string/app_name" >

<activity 
		android:name="ree.picclip.MainActivity" 
  android:resizeableActivity="false"
		android:label="@string/app_name" > 

<intent-filter> 
			<action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" /> 
			<category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" /> 
		</intent-filter> 
	</activity>
</application>

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_PRIVILEGED_PHONE_STATE"/>
    tools:ignore="ProtectedPermissions"/>

I am using my S6 with hackers keybosrd and had big problems entering and editing using chrome. disgusting

But making your app activity not resizable removes the functionality of being able to be flexible in multiwindow mode.

I applied the changes to my AndroidManifest.xml and compiled the app. During compilation AIDE is in split-screen mode (see pics) but when the app starts Toast writes “app does not support split-screen” and srarts the app in full-screen mode … ok

going back to AIDE however, the screen shows again splitted mode with the funny + window on the left. why?

It seems that AIDE sometimes starts in split screen mode depending how it is called. I assume hat AIDE itself should also be configured with the optional setting: inserting
android:resizeableActivity=“false” within AIDE.

Maybe the other app ( i.e. the one you compiled) doesn’t suppprt split screen?

I may be off-base here, but are you compiling in debug or release? I’ve had strange problems running apps that were compiled in debug mode that were fixed recompiling in release mode.