Android IDE (AIDE) Support Forum

Changing to AndroidX for beginner

I need to install and use AndroidX in order to be able to extend an app requiring it. Since I have dozens of apps I have developed since 2012, I want to be careful changing my system. My AIDE PRO is run perfectly on a new Samsung S6 Tablet and on an old Tablet 10.1. How can I upgrade both environments (adding AndroidX) without damaging all the work I have already done. Will I still be able to continue to work on the old apps in the same environment without the need to upgrade themas well to AndroidX?

I would like to get a detailed and well explained step-by-step instruction how to achieve installation of AndroidX. Many thanks for your support.

Regards Rafa

1 Like

Have you try adding library of androidx dependencies?
In order to use androidx library, your project should be migrated from support library to androidx library

I have downloaded the source of an AndroidX app from GitHub and would like to compile it with my AIDE environment. For this I will need to upgrade the support library APIs. The question is will this influence the many apps I have developed with the current support library API or not!

If you haven’t “migrated” to Androidx yet, try searching this forum for the 'AndroidX jar file". Then set it as jar file for AIDE. I don’t think this will affect your previous projects as long as the libraries are still downloaded.

Hello am having issues with Androidx