I’m always aware about these bad things happen, so I backed up data everyday.
Finding Text feature was so useful for developer. However in AIDE, it was hidden and contain a lot of danger bugs.
Example you’re coding in MainActivity:
When you press Ctrl+F, a text box appear for searching. Next, you type something to search and it found good. And when you tab in code area to edit it, one of these things happened:
- Worked normally absolutely.
- Auto switch search mode and open system library files. When touch down, it creates underline and every text is a link, cool. Example tab on LinearLayout, it open a Module Library file of LinearLayout class. Pretty cool, huh.
- Back to editor, however not able to write, nor continue to search and open Library file. (Need to close app and open again)
- The app freezes, then flash white and back to work normally.
- The app freezes, then flash white and crash, auto back to Home screen.
- The app freezes, then not responded.
- The app freezes a few seconds, then back to editor normally. However you can’t use search anymore.
- The app is looked normally. When you save data, it’s said “Saved” normal like every time (the “*” on tab worked correctly), However, it didn’t not save any new data at all.
- The app is looked normally. However it can’t find error in editor.
- Worked normally, however when you close app and reopen, the file completely blank. And No Error.
- App crashed, and the file you’re editing became empty. 0 Byte.
The case 10 and 11 was so rare. I got it 2 times after hundreds time searched. Maybe 2/700. The first time was about 7 months ago.
I lost one day data this time. Oh, man.
It should has backup features even when you fixed those bugs. Example:
- Auto clone file backup to specific folder every 1 hours if the file is edited. Maximum 10 backup files for each coding file. (It will delete old file when over 10)
- Auto clone backup when save or exit AIDE. Maximum 10 files.
- Reverse specific file from build and apk file. (Is this possible?)