Android IDE (AIDE) Support Forum

Can't create custom keystore file

Always failed to create custom keystore file. Shows a pop-up saying “failed to create keystore file/storage/emulated /0/appProjects/debug key.keystore”
Developer Please update to remove this error! Need help @trixi

1 Like

Hello!
I had this problem. When I change the language of my phone to English, the problem is solved.

Hi there I tried to do as you said ,but it doesn’t help :roll_eyes:

Hi. I have the same problem. Language change did not help.

That’s a bug in AIDE last version , use 3.2.190612 instead.

I am having this problem too!

please fix

Thank you for this report! I will talk to the devs about it and lead them here.
@all What language settings do you use? And did you try rebooting device after changing language to English? (see above) All details you can provide are welcome. I will open a bug report on this.

3 Likes

I can not create keystore too in AIDE, please help me.

1 Like

Here is my quick solution.
1.Create a publish.keystore in an old unit like my samsung galaxy tab with android oreo 8 with a test project in Aide.

2.Save the file in the cloud.

3.Download it into my android 10 mobile.

4.Put the file in AppProjects folder or your project folder.

5.Create my project with the new publish.keystore in android 10.

It worked for me.

Will try that in the morning… A sucky way to have to do it however… HOPEFULLY the devs will update this app to work on newer OS… Paid for unlocked version and almost immediately realized it was useless for what I had wanted it to do… What I think is truly UNFAIR is there is no option to REFUND. Yes, it 1000% is a GREAT deal… IF IT WORKED. I’ve seen such high praise of this app in the past and had hoped I could use my phone instead of being tied to a laptop all day but it looks like that was just a pipe dream.

Used the website http://www.applicationloader.net/appuploader/keystore.php. Worked like a charm. Create as an appkey alias, and rename to keystore.jks. Put in right folder. Voilá.

Hello Trixi. Tried to switch language, to no avail - even restarted, same results. Running on a Samsung Tab Active 3, with Android 11.

If it works, it can help. But remember, you are putting sensitive information online. Malicious people could sign apps as if they were you. In the phone, it means they could disguise as your apps and if I remember correctly, access private folders of your app and steal secrets

Indeed, but it is still a valid option. As you download the keystore, I am not sure if they are able to trace it back to me, or to use it to generate a renegade app, as they don’t know where the cert is being used.

Indeed it is an option. I just want to clarify things more. And yes, information such as country, and company name can be used to trace you if you want to publish your app on play store for example. In the era where privacy is luxury, it’s becoming harder and harder not to be found, and add to the fact that more and more frequently people find breach everywhere, even in the hardware itself.
The point here is that it’s a risk. Things involved in authenticity and security should be done locally and not shared with anyone, much like SSH private keys.
If you think it’s worth it, then go on. People couldn’t publish on play store just with it. But when the malicious app is installed not via Play store, here is the problem.

Read all the comments. I am just explaining, if I convince your or not, that’s not the point anyway.

Got it. It is a very sound reason not to do it that way, but it is really annoying not being able to do it on the device. That and the layout @ problem are deal breakers to me. Now I got my app ready, and without a computer I am not able to publish it, I didn’t manage to get the older version to run and acknowledge that I’m a paid user, and using the web version is not safe. And no word from @trixi about this.

That’s a real problem. After so much work, not being able to publish our apps is not a good result. Maybe we We really need to find a way to do this, either with the help of the devs or not

Poderia me ajudar, por favor?