Android IDE (AIDE) Support Forum

AIDE file system

Hi!

Where can I find the AIDE file system OUTSIDE of AIDE? I’m trying to access the AIDE source docs from OUTSIDE of AIDE, like thru File Manager, & I can’t find them?

Thanks,

Reggie

Screenshot_20200627-124826|236x500

If you are referring to the path shown in the screenshot: data/user/0…
It is only accessible to users with rooted devices since the above mentioned path is only present in the root of your device’s storage and you should NOT normally play around with it.

Thanks for the reply, Ali!

That would mean that files of projects in AIDE can’t be easily accessed? Why would AIDE make that design flaw except to make things difficult for developers? All other IDEs have the files of their projects easily accessible.

Trix of AIDE also said that projects can be exported. When I pressed her for details, she mentioned the Publish feature. But as far as I can tell, the only output of that feature is a jar.

Is there no other recourse except to have root?

Would you know of another Android Java IDE that will run on Android Java?

Regards,

Reggie

I found the NDK part of the file system for AIDE under the android folder. You might look in there. Make sure you have the Files app configured to allow you to view hidden files and folders as well as the standard files and folders.

Sadly, you can’t access the docs outside of AIDE, they are internal. But you can obtain them, since they use the Android Studio docs, intercept the link somehow and download it yourself. Also, file projects are accessible, they are in the AppProjects folder, in the root tree of the internal storage. I don’t know if it is true for the free version of the app. An advice about the docs: if you want to download it, be sure to have a relatively good amount of space, it is a big collection of big tiny files that consume a lot of space. If you don’t need it frequently, maintain the compressed copy of it and remove the uncompressed when not needed.