Android IDE (AIDE) Support Forum

Aide bug? Help me

How to resolve this?

It’s a library error. Try using the v26 libraries: e.g.
appcompat-v7:26.+ instead of the + alone

I solved this problem by commenting the erroneous lines

As a matter of principle, you probably want to avoid using + notation on library versions as this can cause your app to suddenly stop working if a new library version introduces some new quirk in the behaviour, or even causes your app to crash unexpectedly.

I would recommend using library versions no later than 26.0.1. Versions later than this, including 26.1.0, introduce Android lifecycle dependencies which are not properly supported in AIDE, unfortunately.

V26.1.0 and V27 libraries can be made to work in AIDE with some additional workarounds in the build.gradle file but this is not entirely dependable. I would therefore avoid these unless you absolutely need functionality not present in 26.0.1 or earlier.

V28 and later, and androidx libraries, don’t seem to work at all in AIDE at the present time, despite some claims to the contrary on this forum.

I am hoping AppFour have a major upgrade in the pipeline to allow us to use androidx in future, but it may be too big a job. Sadly it may mean the end of AIDE as a viable development environment if they don’t.

1 Like

How do you comment the error line inside the library?

just click on the error to see the file, and comment just the erroneous tag with:

<!-- THIS IS A COMMENT -->

PS: Comment JUST the erroneous tag, if else it will give much more errors!

I know how to comment. The problem is AIDE doesn’t allow me to save files. I use it ONLY for the compiling process; while i use other apps for editing and saving files. And i can’t access these libraries elsewhere.

AIDE BETA appeared in the play store, may be life

Oh, sorry, if you aren’t pro you can’t do too much…

1 Like

Yeah that’s a major setback for me. Anyway, i only use for the compilation process and logcat

When I was young (i cant buy nothing), i ever tried to clear cache, run, and clear cache again